Monday, May 23, 2011

A vacation to somewhere that's not Disney?

Eating at the American Adventure in Epcot 2011

My husband is wonderful. He is loving and always thinking of others. He is a great husband and father. He really only has one flaw . .  . he isn't obsessed with Disney like I am! (Oh, and he is an Auburn fan - but that is another post for different day!)

Don't get me wrong, he loves our trips and always has a great time when we are at Disney, but he just doesn't see it like I do. I would go to Disney World several times a year, every year and be perfectly fine with that. However, he likes a little bit more variety (even though I tell him there is more than enough variety at Disney World - I mean where else can you say you visited 11 countries in one afternoon?) with our yearly vacations.


Waiting for Fantasmic to start 2011

I have been planning our next trip to Disney since before we went on our last one in March! I love going that time of year, especially since it's our son's birthday, but have been wanting to try out the Fall/Winter season for different reasons. When the free dining came out for this September I tried to talk him into going, but it was just too soon. So we decided to put off our next Disney vacation until the Fall of 2012 - a looooong 1 1/2 years to go!

I love to travel, but we travel close to home - within the next state or two that surrounds us. We haven't been anywhere far off, mostly because my husband does not want to fly, so we drive everywhere. Since our next big trip isn't for over a year, I wanted to go on a "mini-vacation" in the Spring of 2012. I have been racking my brain and searching the internet for a place we could go for a long weekend to placate me until our Disney trip. It's so hard because I want to do something that is different from what we've done before (no Chattanooga, Gatlinburg, Atlanta) but it also has to have plenty of fun things for our son, who will be 4 next March, to do.

If anybody has any suggestions for us, please let me know! We live in central Alabama and are willing to drive about 8 to 10 hours to get to the destination.

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment