Thursday, June 2, 2011
Disney Blog Hop: Disney Firsts
Thank you for joining me for this weeks Disney Blog Hop hosted by Babes in Disneyland! I am so excited about this weeks topic: Disney Firsts!! As many of you already know, it is very easy to take a trip to Disney year after year and always have a first of something. Since I am still a Disney newbie and have only taken 2 trips, there will continue to be a lot of firsts for myself and my family.
Since our next trip isn't until Fall of 2012 (unless I can convince my hubby that I'm not crazy and we need a short trip in January/February), and I know it's going to be filled with a lot of Disney firsts, I thought I would make a list of things I plan on doing that will be our first time!
* Go to Disney World with just our family - This one may seem odd to some of you, but we have never gone on a vacation (with the exception of one night last summer to Atlanta) with just me, my hubby and our son. Our first Disney vacation was with my husband's entire family (9 of us!) and this past March we went with our good friends and their daughter. I am very excited that Disney will be our first trip alone :)
* Stay at a Disney World resort - I am so excited about this one! Our past two vacations we have stayed off site. The first being about 20 minutes away from Disney, but this year we stayed at Bonnet Creek, which is very close so it was a little better. I cannot wait to experience being immersed in Disney 24/7 and I know we are going to love it!!
* Dining Plan - since we will be staying on property for the first time, we are going to take advantage of the dining plan. My husband is actually excited about this one so we know our meals are paid for in advance and don't have to watch what we eat (which we have in the past). We plan on getting the basic dining plan so we can have at least 1 table service meal a day!
* Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - We have always started lining up for the parade and Wishes almost 2 hours ahead of time to get a good seat, which we always had. However, I know we are missing out on a lot of valuable time to do other things in the park. This time I thought it would be fun to do the dessert party so we have a perfect view of Tinkerbell and Wishes, with the extra bonus of all those yummy desserts!
* Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Park Fare - Mary Poppins is one of my favorite characters, so in order to make sure we see her, we are having breakfast here. I am really excited about this one, not only for Mary, but because I like Alice in Wonderland too and I know the Mad Hatter is going to be fun!
* Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party - We are hoping to go during September next fall and if we do, we will definitely be going to this party! We have friends that have been and said they had a blast. I know my son would love to dress up and go around meeting all the characters. I would LOVE to get a picture of us with the Seven Dwarfs too!
* Characters in Flight - I have been wanting to do this since the first time I saw it at DTD. Unfortunately, my hubby is not too keen on heights, so he will not be riding with me. Our son saw it on the computer (we like looking at different Disney things on YouTube) and said he wanted to do it, so I may have a partner after all :)
* Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House - I am super excited about this one! I have heard nothing but good things about this breakfast and thanks to Delightfully Disney, I now have a plan in mind to eat an early breakfast here and head straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris for one of the firsts rides of the day!
I am sure there will be many more firsts for us on this trip as it will be different from other trips we've taken to Disney. Most of the restaurants we eat at will be new for us and I am so excited to try them all out!
What are some Disney Firsts you are looking forward to?