Friday, July 8, 2011

Five on Friday

This week I thought I would start a new topic for Five on Friday. I have been talking a lot about the rides that I have done and haven't done, but this week I am going to talk about food!

There are so many different restaurants in Disney World, it would be impossible to eat at them all in one trip. For our last 2 trips we have stayed in a condo off property that had a kitchen and we used it a lot, therefore, we did not get to experience many of the great restaurants. The only table service restaurants we have eaten at are Chef Mickey's (twice for my little one's birthday!), The Crystal Palace and Whispering Canyon Cafe. On our next trip this will drastically change as we will be on the Dining Plan!

Here is a list of the top five table service restaurants I am most looking forward to trying out on our next trip as a family!

5. 'Ohana - we will be trying this out for dinner. I like the idea of the food being served family style and the food selection sounds delicious! I have also heard that they have games and fun activities throughout the night that Nicholas would love to be a part of!

4. Cape May Cafe - we will be eating here for breakfast on the morning we go to Epcot. I thought this would be a fun character breakfast to do since we are not planning on doing Chef Mickey's this year. Also, it's my husband's dream to stay at the Beach Club one day, so this will give us a little taste of that!


Photo courtesy of http://www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/

3. Via Napoli - I love Italian food! If there was one place I wanted to go before I died, it would be Italy. There is just something about the country, the art, the food that appeals to me. I haven't been able to spend a lot of time here at the World Showcase, so I am hoping on this trip I will be able to!

2. Supercalifragilistic Breakfast @ 1900 Fare Park - I am most excited about this one and I scheduled it mainly for me! I plan on scheduling this for the morning that we leave Disney. I thought this would be a great way to leave and definitely get us in the planning mode for the trip home! Mary Poppins is probably my favorite character and this way I will be guaranteed to meet her! Plus, I heard the Mad Hatter is so much fun and I think Nicholas would enjoy that!


Photo courtesy of http://www.disneyworld.disney.go.com/

1. Donald's Safari Breakfast @ Tusker House - I am very excited about this one! I learned a wonderful trick from Delightfully Disney to schedule your breakfast as early as possible, so you are able to get in, have breakfast and then go straight to the Safari and be one of the first ones! We really enjoy our time at the Animal Kingdom, but are never able to fit everything in we want to, so hopefully using this strategy, we will be able to get everything done!

What are your favorite table service restaurants? Where are you looking forward to eating at the most?

Amanda

2 comments:

  1. We did the 1900 Park Fare Breakfast with our girls many years ago and we all loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoop Dee Doo Revue is my favorite! It takes 2 TS credits though... Great idea doing the 1900 on the morning you leave! What a send off that will be!

    ReplyDelete