Thursday, August 4, 2011

Disney Blog Hop: Integrity


Welcome and thank you for hopping over from the Disney Blog Hop hosted by Babes in Disneyland!

This week's topic is Integrity. I think this is so important to discuss and talk about and am excited to join in on the discussion this week! Integrity is something that everyone should have and always be thinking about when you are writing for your blog or other blogs.

When I am think about the word "integrity" a few things come to mind: honest, truthful, correct. I believe that all these things together make up integrity, plus other things as well.

Earlier in the week, Lisa from Babes in Disneyland posted about The Three Disneyland Moms' Pledge. This is basically a pledge that any Disney blogger can be a part of that says you will use integrity and honesty in your Disney blog. I am proud to be a Disney blogger and was excited to take the pledge.



Since I am very new, not only to blogging, but to all things Disney, I take this pledge very seriously. One of the first things I thought about when I decided to start my Disney blog was making sure that I stay true to me. I don't know everything about everything at Disney - I am still learning. But that is part of why I wanted to write this blog - so that I can learn and share that with all of you! I am not here to blog about rumors, possibilities or even news. I am here to show you my journey with Disney and my experiences. I know that the integrity of my blog is important to me because it shows all of you what I am all about. I want to make sure everything I write about here is honest and truthful because that is how I am!

Be a friend to other Disney bloggers and fans, for we are part of a community, not a competition.


This is my favorite part of the pledge! I think this is so important because we should all be there to support and encourage each other. We all share a common interest: our love for Disney! I truly see all of you as friends and not competition. I think each of us has something different to bring to the table and not everybody is exactly alike. Without several of you always posting a comment or writing an encouraging word, I might not have continued on my blogging journey! I try to do the same and comment/encourage as much as I can on each of your blogs as well. As the saying goes: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.



If you would like to take The Three Disneyland Moms' Pledge, just go here and check it out! I think it's so wonderful and I am so proud to be a part of it!! Thank you to Lisa, Marcy and Suz for putting this together for all of us!

Amanda

10 comments:

  1. True that! I think Disney bloggers are a different breed. Thanks for being part of that community!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I appreciate all of the support and encouragement that you've given me. Its been fun following along on your blogging journey and I am looking forward to seeing what comes next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a favourite part of the pledge for me too Amanda! Very well said! I'm so happy you're a part of the Disney Blogging Community! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true! I love that quote from the pledge! Thanks for sticking with the Disney blogging community. I always enjoy reading your posts and comments. I'm very happy you're a part of the Disney community as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much! It means a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda, I totally agree with you. I have commented to several others today that I think of Disney Bloggers as a family. I think if we treat each other with respect and generousity we will all be better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with everyone, we are s special community of Disney Bloggers and that's what I like about this experience. I like to write what I know, not about making stuff up or spreading rumors, that's not what Disney is about. Family is what it's about..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the honesty and your pledge! When I started my blog, I was so surprised by how welcoming and friendly the Disney blog community was and is. It's my favorite part of blogging, connecting with others who love Disney like me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post! When I first started my Disney blog I never expected that there are so many wonderful blogger out there that welcome you with open arms. I'm thankfull of all the wonderful Disney people I've met. Have a magical day.

    Bookgirl @ My Magical Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love reading your perspectives as a new blogger and new Disney fan and I'm so glad we've met on the hop. :o)

    ReplyDelete